Sunday, February 1, 2009

Telling R and the Family



Telling R he is going to be a Daddy is a story for the baby book.

I didn't want to tell R over the phone so I had to keep it in from 3:30pm in the afternoon tell I got home from work at 6:00pm.
I couldn't keep my mouth shut the whole way home, so in comes the bestest friend! I had to call Haley so that I could tell someone. Again the first to know about the important things in life. I later told R that she was the first to know and text her back so she knew I wouldn't be calling again for her to reenact her excitement once R knew.

R had just went to urgent care because he's foot is infected and we didn't want it to get anywhere like his toe did a year and a half ago, so we had went in to get it looked at earlier in the day and they had given him some antibiotics to take as well as an antibiotic shot right in his ass!
I had to swing in at home to pick up the onesies that I had bought a year ago for when we found out we were pregnant.

I got to the farm and had to find away to get R alone so I could tell him the test came back positive. He wanted me to look at his ass where he got the shot so we went into the bathroom where I pulled off the band-aid off his ass and then turned and looked at him and pulled a onesie out of each pocket and said "Which one cause the test came back positive!" R's responce was the same responce he got from me when he asked me to marry him,
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"
I've never seen him so happy!

We had to wipe the tears and put on a stright face so that we could go out and tell Ma and Pops, Ma came over and gave us hugs and just as fast grapped the phone to call Nancy and Jay, Troy and Ryan, Bummer and Nikki, Tim and Anna and Grandma Mary.
I know they were over joyed as they have been waiting as long as we have.
I called Grandma Mary to tell her and she said she hopes we have a girl!
It was Ryan's Birthday so they were all out for dinner and Ma told them later that night.
Tim called R back so he got to tell his brother that it's his turn to be the Uncle.

We decided we needed to go down to my Mom and Dad's house as well.
So on the drive down, I called Angie and told her. Called my Grandma and told her. My mom called both of us while we were on the phone, so Grandma called mom back and talked to her, knowing the whole time I was on my way down to tell her she's going to be a Grandma!
I also called my cousin Lisa and asked her how her birthday was going and told her I could make it better cause her cousin (me) is going to have a cousin (our baby) to play with it's cousin (her baby boy) she got so exctied that she stalled her car. Our kids will be just like us, 6 months apart! When I got to my mom and dad's we walked and amd mom asked what we were doing there and just said "we had to see what one Grandma and Grandpa liked more", pulling the onesies out. Mom started balling and Dad said they would have to get a smaller car so they could make the trip to our house more often! :)

No comments: