Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We got to hear the heartbeat!

Monday was our 16 week apt.
They tried to catch the heartbeat again, it took him some time but once they did, it was SO neat to listen to. It wasn't as fast as I thought it was going to be but it was a huge relieve getting to hear it- also the first time we've heard it. The first ultrasound we had at 6 weeks when we found out, we could "see" it beat but this time we got to hear it. They said within the next couple of weeks I should be able to start feeling the baby move a little too! I can't wait for that!
And again, they bounced around our due date, mainly cause they are not sure when I ovulated, so right now it's Oct 3rd. Also I'm staying a head of the game and losing weight- not gaining it! I won't complain, but the Dr. said it was alright and wasn't too concerned about it, now it was only 1lb but I should gain around 10 by the end of the trimester.

But mark it on your calendars, May 22nd @ 2:30 we go in to find out what we are having!
The ultrasound is 70 mins long and then we have an apt after to go over all the pictures and everything with the Dr. So don't expect phone calls at 3:00- it won't be till after 5:00 or so.

You just know though, our kid is going to cover it up just cause everyone wants to know SO BAD!

No comments: